by Teri Fritsma
ISEEK has an opening! We’re looking for someone who can develop and write ex-offender career and training content for our site. You’d also create a job search guide and write content for the award-winning MNCareers magazine. This is an Americorps*VISTA position which would begin in early August. Read on for more details…
– Help write career planning, training, and job search content for ISEEK’s ex-offenders section.
– Help develop multimedia and printed materials to be distributed to ex-offender job seekers, prisons, and community and faith-based organizations.
– Help develop a web-based database of community and faith-based organizations that work with ex-offenders.
– You must be a registered AmeriCorps*VISTA service volunteer with a bachelor’s degree or higher.
– You must be competent in MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
– You must be comfortable using the Internet, and competent in Internet search methods.
– You need to have verbal communications (on phone and in person) and typing skills.
– Strong writing skills are a must!
– Experience in administrative support and data entry, or demonstration of similar skills.
– Dislocated workers are encouraged to apply!
– Criminal justice, social work, human services, or community development, OR
– Counseling, career development or economic development, OR
– Mass communications or journalism.
This position is located in sunny downtown St. Paul, Minnesota. You must apply for the position on the Americorps website. If you have other questions about ISEEK, e-mail: email@example.com.
For more details, or to apply, please visit the AmeriCorps website. (To find the listing, search for AmeriCorps VISTA postings in Minnesota, then refine your search in the category of “ex-offender”.)
This position is anticipated to start on August 8, 2009 and run through August 7, 2010.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JUNE 5, 2009.