by Mark Anthony Zappa
In this new year, treat yourself to the benefits of Minnesota Ready, a 32-hour job search immersion program offered at two locations in St. Paul.
Held over eight days, Minnesota Ready will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to be competitive in today’s job market and advance you toward a career you’ll love. Topics include:
- Identifying your interests, skills and talents
- Researching growing industries and in-demand occupations
- Setting your personal career goals
- Mastering the art of targeting a resume
- Discovering the best online tools for networking and finding jobs
- Gaining confidence to handle any interview
- Learning to use social media to manage you career
- Validating your work skills with the National Career Readiness Certificate
Participants will also receive professional and peer consultation as they create a career portfolio. Follow-up support from certified career counselors is also available. Minnesota Ready is a collaboration of Ramsey County Workforce Solutions, State of Minnesota Job Service, Minnesota TRIO, and Woodland Hills.
Basic computer skills are required. Ramsey County residents, who are receiving unemployment benefits and veterans, are given preference. To apply, contact the North St. Paul or St. Paul Workforce Centers or visit JobConnect to learn more.