by Rachel Vilsack
Can you name Minnesota’s largest employers or the best employer to work for? Business lists are a great resource for job seekers looking to identify companies to target for networking opportunities. Whether you’re looking for the top companies for women or the coolest places to work in Minnesota, check out these lists of businesses.
- Need a book of business lists, including the largest employers in Minnesota or a list of commercial brokers? Look no further than Twin Cities Business magazine’s B.I.G. Book of Business Lists. You can even search and browse the “book” online.
- Fortune provides an annual list of America’ top companies, called the Fortune 500. There is even a global list of—you guessed it—the world’s top corporations, called the Global 500.
- CNN Money lists the 100 best companies to work for, which you can sort by company size or job growth.
- Want to work at a top workplace as voted on by employees? The national list includes 150 businesses in a variety of industry sectors. Twelve companies headquartered in Minnesota made the cut, including the Minnesota Twins and Park Nicollet Health Services.
- The Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal also names the best places to work. In 2012, there were 55 Minnesota employers on the list, representing small, medium and large companies.
- If you’re looking for a non-traditional place to work, one business website lists the 17 coolest co-working spaces in America. You’ll find one of them right here in Minnesota.
- The National Association for Female Executives identifies the top 50 companies for executive women. Minnesota’s own General Mills make the list.
- According to Forbes, top hiring employers in the Twin Cities include UnitedHealth Group, 3M, University of Minnesota, Great Clips and Wells Fargo. Check out the list of top hiring employers in the nation’s 25 biggest cities.
- Looking for a flexible job? Here’s a list of the best Minnesota companies offering flexible opportunities, including telecommuting, part-time or freelance jobs.
- Inc. magazine annually lists the top 5,000 companies nationwide; here’s Minnesota’s list.