by Rachel Vilsack
Does your smart phone go just about everywhere you go? If it does – and you’re also conducting a job search – here are some web applications to help you when you’re on the go.
CareerOneStop now offers five mobile web applications to help you wherever you go:
- Find an American Job Center allows users to quickly locate and contact their closest American Job Center. In Minnesota, entering a city, state or zip code will get you a list of the closest WorkForce Center locations, with an address (and mapping capabilities), phone number, and email address.
- Find a Job lets users search job listings in any local U.S. area. Enter a keyword and city or state to get a list of job postings. (My search for “market research” in St. Paul, Minnesota netted me 59 opportunities.)
- Veterans Job Search matches military job experience to civilian careers, and then displays local job listings for those careers.
- Salary Finder provides average hourly wages or annual salaries by occupation and location. If you’re asked for a starting or expected wage or salary on a job application or during an interview, this is a great tool to get fast results. My search for “Market Research Analyst” in the 55101 zip code gave me a wage range of $40,460 to $108,060.
- Training Finder allows users to locate education and training programs in their local area. Search by occupation, school, or program for a variety of program lengths.
Get quick access to these mobile apps by visiting http://m.careeronestop.org on your smart phone.