by Rachel Vilsack
If you think manufacturing is just production jobs, think again! Manufacturing in Minnesota also includes careers in engineering, logistics and distribution, maintenance and repair, and business, management and administration. Manufacturing facilities are often great places to work; they are clean, bright, and have amazing high-tech equipment.
Here are 10 jobs you’ll find in Minnesota’s manufacturing firms:
- Assemblers and fabricators
- Supervisors of production workers
- Production helpers
- Sales representatives
- Customer service representatives
- Shipping clerks
- Industrial engineers
- Learn more about careers at www.MnManufacturingCareers.org
- View current job openings at www.MinnesotaWorks.net
- Visit your local Minnesota WorkForce Center for job search assistance, including free workshops.
If you have good communication, technical, and problem-solving skills, like working in a team, and have the ability to learn, then a career in manufacturing might be right for you. There are a lot of reasons – and great benefits – to consider a career in manufacturing. Do you have what it takes?