by Denise Felder —
College students and workers looking for well-paying health care positions can use the trusted information in the Career Exploration and Student Success Toolkit, the Virtual Career Network, and the Job Seekers Guide in all stages of their job search. These three career exploration resources are produced by partners in the Health Professions Pathways (H2P) Project.
1. Get Started
- Plan your job search and write down your career plan.
- Identify your target career pathway.
- Know your skills and qualifications, or get qualified.
- Learn about the hiring process.
2. Market Yourself
- Create your resume.
- Develop your marketing tools, such as your reference sheet and cover letter, and your elevator speech.
- Promote your professional identity online.
3. Build Your Network
4. Find Job Openings
5. Know How to Interview
- Understand the different types of job interviews.
- Get interview and follow up tips.
- Negotiate a job offer.
At any point in your job search, you can get support in person from a career advisor or success coach at your college or local American Job Center.