Did you land a part-time or full-time job for the holiday season? Those extra paychecks will help to make the season bright. But what about after the New Year?
How can you turn that temporary job into an employment gift that keeps giving all year long?
The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) reposted a blog from SnagAJob giving tips for turning a seasonal job into a full-time position.
- Make friends with the permanent employees
- Cross train to learn multiple jobs
- Stay flexible with your schedule
- Have a back-up plan
Looking for more job search tips? Check out the resources in ISEEK’s Find a Job section, including:
- How to Showcase Your Work
- Build Your Network
- Research Employers
- Salary Negotiation
- Dealing with Job Transition